Monday 11 August 2014

A/W Trends 14/15

Summer's not even over yet and I'm already lusting towards next seasons trends. I find Autumn/Winter so much easier to dress in, layering is one of my favourite things ever and I don't like warm weather really. So I thought I'd do a post on some of my top trends of next season.

NORMCORE

Normcore is the most simple of trends. Less truly is more for this look and although it has been described as bland or boring, I think there is nothing better than a look purely focusing on simple lines. I don't like colour so this trend is perfect for me, wholely focusing on neutrals and monochrome. The main idea of normcore is to look normal and and focus on simple items such as polo necks and trainers, almost returning to the 90's.

OFF-DUTY BLANKET DRESSING

Since Suki Waterhouse rocked a blanket cape at Burberry, this has become the next big craze. Whether you rock a full on blanket type coat, or just take elements of the trend through a oversized woal coat, this trend is sure to be massive this Winter. Everything goes bigger, from fur to knits, almost making me want the cold weather to come sooner!

MONASTIC

Lastly, a similar trend to Normcore but luxe becomes king and those one off luxury pieces will certainly carry you through A/W 14/15. Whether its a statement coat or blazer, ensure to have one stand out item in your wardrobe to spice up any outfit, for both everyday and nights out. 

Hope you liked my view of my top trends of A/W, let me know what trends are getting you excited for next season and how you plan to rock them!

1 comment: